Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch

I don't like reposting. Here's a repost of a video that was on Neatorama.

You may notice that it is over an hour long. I didn't know that YouTube allowed hour-long videos, but I can see why they made an exception.

Why should you invest over an hour in watching it? Well, the guy talking died today of pancreatic cancer. He was a pioneer of VR and an energetic professor at Carnegie Mellon and a Disney Imagineer and an all-around amazing person. He made this lecture about a month after he was told he had 3-6 months to live. It's about how he achieved his childhood dreams, how he has helped others achieve their dreams, and a few lessons learned.

Other things to watch it for:
-talking about brick walls
-talking about head fakes
-talking about working with Disney
-him being told to talk about "fun," and him comparing that to a fish being told to talk about water: "I'm dying, and I'm having fun."
-the cake




No comments: