Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Every Sentence Gets a Link

e.comNow I feel kinda bad. Aak's now plowing ahead with honest blogging and I had to go and bring the negativity in.

I'm with you on wanting to be in shape for the health benefits. I think of the body as a machine, and I need to start working on mine because there's just so much that I want to do with it. But the other day after a lifting workout some part of me felt the urge to flex in front of the mirror. Sad, but true. If I were blind I'd probably have the urge to feel myself.

I have made it an annual tradition to watch the Shawshank Redemption on my birthday. I remember once I was watching a sitcom and the character had a tradition where he drank a glass of port (yuck) then went for a walk. This year I completely forgot about the resolution, but ended up doing it anyway out of a desire to see the film. Coincidence, or subconscious remembering? Doo-doo-doo-doo-doooooo-oh-da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da, oh-da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da-doo-doo-doo-doo-DOO-doooooo...

When I was a kid and still in play alone phase, when I was in the shower (no, not that kind of play alone), I used to pretend that I was a giant who lived in the forest near a group of villages. In the fantasy I would come out and hang out with them every once in a while. I had the ability to shoot water from my fingertips, doing it for real by letting the water run down my arm and shoot off my fingers. I held this power over the villagers' heads for whenever they pissed me off. If they did I would flood their town as punishment.

No comments: