Monday, July 28, 2008

Short List

John, the roommate's boyfriend, is a pretty hard core video game buff. I asked him to come up with a short list of his favorite games of all time. In no particular order, this is what I got:

River City Ransom - NES
Final Fantasy VI - Super NES
Super Dodgeball - NES
Herzog Zwei - Genesis
Jet Grind Radio - Dreamcast
Katamari Damacy - Playstation 2
Vib Ribbon - Playstation (impossible to find)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - Arcade & Dreamcast
Saturn Bomberman - Saturn
Tribes 2 - PC

I have only heard of the first 2. Well, I've heard of Final Fantasy VI like I've heard of Final Fantasy XXV, or whatever number they're up to. Actually, I'm kinda proud and feel like I have a touch of geek cred because I've heard of River City Ransom. It's a relatively obscure one. Really, a friend had it when I was a youngen.

I have only once been fired from a job. When I was in college I was the wieght room monitor freshman year. My job was to post in the weight room and I guess keep everything in order. Like everyone else in that position I left during the shift. I had a paper to write. I got caught. I tried giving the athletic director a line of shit, and he cut me off with "that's bullshit." It wasn't fun. It actually left me feeling pretty bad about myself. Part of me wants to be fired from something nowadays just for a cool story, but remembering that feeling keeps me from the precipice.

Aak, I think the public wants more posts from you. Or at least I want something to respond to.

No comments: