Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hat and Coat

What's "Hatandcoat" all about?

It's a line from some movie that happened to be on when Mr. Hatandcoat decided he wanted to write a blog. Some Cary Grant flick.

But why did it stick in Mr. H&C's mind? He'd probably say there was no reason, that it was totally random. I prefer to think otherwise. There must've been something about the phrase.

Maybe it's about immediacy. Somebody you know knocks on your door, says he needs you to come right away. Okay, you say, I'll grab my hat and coat.

If it's winter. And you're Cary Grant.

Maybe it's about being prepared. People who wear hats and coats like to be prepared for the elements. Even when it's 90 degrees, like tomorrow is supposed to be.

So this blog is supposed to be about immediate needs. Aren't all blogs? But it's also about being ready to go. Perhaps not even removing your outer layers. I like that idea. Which reminds me, I must be leaving. Don't let me forget my hat and coat.

No comments: