Tuesday, September 9, 2008

About Face

With as much fun as I had writing my last post, it's tempting to turn this thing into a full on MMA blog, or at least go through a phase. I won't, of course. I just enjoyed writing it a lot.

I think I might try to become interested in politics over time. I've blogged about its lameness before, but I suppose it could be a good thing. If nothing else it will be blog fodder. I could either do it systematically by doing readings, learning the issues one by one, take assessments about what I believe in and see what candidate they match, and so on. I got some advice once that I liked. I was told to pick one issue that I give a s*** about, follow that, and eventually it could snowball. My issue would be energy. I don't know anything about it, but if there's one thing that I could see myself reading voraciously about, that's it.

Realistically, I think I'll just generally try to be more in-tune. It's vague. I was watching Bill Maher this weekend and I got a real kick out of it. Girlfriend pointed out that we learned nothing new from it, and I must admit that that's true, but I thought it perhaps a turning point that I could watch a show about politics and not have a cynical attitude.

I also invite Aak to bring the politics back into Districted if he's so inclined. Keep that s*** out of here, but it's ok on the other side of the road.

Since I'm waiting tables these days, I have to be on my feet for hours. The tips of both of my big toes have gone numb. It's concerning me a little bit. They feel like permanent frostbite. I think maybe I'm wearing shoes that are crushing a nerve in my feet or something. But I've worn 2 different pairs during my brief tenure with the same result for both. Maybe simply standing that much is crushing something. I will say that, except for this issue, my feet don't hurt all that much at the end of a double shift. I'm a little older now, and I wonder if I'm getting an old man hardness. That would be cool.

No comments: