Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When You Don't Have a Specific Topic Going In, Sometimes You Get Ramblings

Yeah, I'm not pretending that naggard was a decent word. I guess I could be a real stoy sometimes. A stupid boy. ;)

I've gotten used to using emoticons over time. For better or worse. I feel like I could try to use it with some swagger to try to decrease how lame it feels. Really, it just captures the...uh, emotion better in some situations than words do.

I remember reading chicken soup for the soul a long ass time ago, and there was a chaper about a boy who made a 100+ item to-do list in his life. They were things like climb this or that mountain, run a marathon, read the entire bible, on and on. Very neat. I don't know if I'm a fan of lists in general. They can have their place, but I generally find them stifling. At one time in my life I identified with free-spiritedness, or the Meyers-Briggs "P," which made living by clearly defined goals anathema. I therefore rejected it. That's all changing. About time.

I'm also warming up to the concept of a routine. Within reason. I feel like a good routine could be like a wind up clock for your behavior where you can just zone out and get x,y, and z done regularly without putting any thought into it. A friend of mine used to take aikido, and the sensai used to punch a board for hours to keep his knuckles calloused. I imagine that every day trying to tell yourself "all right, motherf***er, you're one tough dude. Let's get PUNCHING!" would not quite fly for most people. Maybe that guy does his morning board punches before his coffee.

So, McCain is taking time off to work on the economy. I take a shuttle between campuses for school and the driver always listens to this pro-obama radio station. They were ranting today about how he's trying to duck out of the debate. Who knows, man? I just know that the knee-jerk suspicion of EVERYTHING the opposition does wearies me. That's the kind of stuff that really turns me off.

I'm feeling a yearning to travel. I haven't done much of it in recent years. I don't want to just go and sit on a beach. I went to Mexico with my family and that was really great, but I didn't have much to do after just a little while. I crave badass adventure. That'll be on my list.

No comments: