Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Programs

I don't have much of a winter break. My last final exam was on this past Saturday, and my winter session class starts on January 5.

Next semester, I will be taking 2 high-level Japanese classes for the first time ever. I'm a bit nervous. I was asking the kids in the lower-level classes about their tests and quizzes, and, while I'm pretty set on the grammar, the kanji and vocabulary quizzes are seriously hard. Write out kanji characters? You must be joking! No? Oh... I had gotten used to simply typing them.

Starting today, I will be regimenting myself. I will build up to approximately four hours of straight Japanese studying per day. I'll probably track my progress on my long-silent Japanese blog, http://sokasoka.blogspot.com.

The other new program I will be starting is a program of frugality. Starting January 1, I will make an effort not to buy food at restaurants for the entire month (with the exception of possible Language Exchange meals, which fall under the Japanese-studying program). I'll have to learn new recipes. I foresee a lot more casseroles in my future.

If these two programs can get started easily, I might add a third (an exercise regimen), but I don't want to get too ambitious too fast.

じゃー、はじめよ!

No comments: