Monday, December 22, 2008

What Unites Districted and Hatandcoat? In a Word: Manblogitude.

One of my favorite word blogs is called "Wordlustitude." Unlike many word blogs (including my own), it's short, funny, and unpretentious. The author finds real instances of made-up neologisms, defines them, gives a real citation, and then makes up a citation.

Here's today's word:

manblogitude

noun. What you'll find, if you dare to look, deep inside the pants of all testosterone-marinated blogs such as this.

Real citation: "I’m not sure I can take a calendar full of steaming hot manblogitude…"
(Dec. 3, 2008, The Comics Curmudgeon, http://joshreads.com/?p=1809)

Made-up citation: "Women love me for my manblogitude. Men hate me for it. Man-blogs admire me. Woman-blogs are curious. Woodland critters are just afraid."
I read that and thought of my little project here with my coblogger.

Please remember, whenever you add "man-" to a word, it makes it not gay and more stereo-hetero. See mancrushish, man-flab, man-fume , man-slutitude , man-strumpet, and mantourage. But I guess that's not a hard and fast rule: see happy man-loaf, man-chete, etc.

No comments: