Saturday, December 20, 2008

Celebratory French Toast

As I drove my rental car back from College Park, finally free of my most-hated class of all time (ANTH 260), I realized I had a car. And I thought, wouldn't it be lovely to go over to Hinata and have some celebratory chirasi-zushi? Yes, yes it would, I thought, and I began plotting my course.

And then I thought, but wait! I have no money. And the $15.00 bowl of rice with fish overtop is the best deal out there, but 15 bucks is still 15 bucks. So I decided to go home and make myself french toast instead.

Celebratory French Toast
  • 3 eggs
  • some milk (enough to make it a good mix of egg and milk, not just milky eggs or eggy milk)
  • bourbon vanilla extract (a glug or two)
  • cinnamon (a heavy dusting)
  • sugar (a pinch)
  • bread (I had wheat)
Beat eggs. Add milk. Glug vanilla. Dust cinnamon. Pinch sugar. Drown bread, one slice at a time. Fry. Enjoy celebratorily, with syrup or whatever.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Yum!

Missy said...

BTW, where'd you get your bourbon vanilla? John's at the point where he practically collects vanilla and I bet he'd like it.

chovak said...

I got it from my spice cabinet, which has inherited from past roommates every spice imaginable, except Old Bay.

Okay, I just went and checked the label, and it's from Trader Joe's. Not sure if they still stock it. The bottle could be 5 years old or more for all I know.