Tuesday, January 27, 2009

100

My roommate is moving out and I rented a steam cleaner from the supermarket to spruce up the carpet. I started cleaning in my room last night at around 9:15 and cut myself off at 10 out of mercy toward the neighbors. The machine took 2 1/2 gallons of water mixed with a special soap which got incredibly dirty. I was amazed by the amount of dirt that it took off my floor. I was also amazed at the final product. For 28 dollar rental and 12 dollar soap purchase the place is remarkably fresh.

I have now officially begun training in BJJ. Along with that, tango, work, school, studying, and hangin' with the gf I rarely have a free moment, and I'd have to say that I couldn't be happier. I think I blogged before about trying to keep a schedule. I tried it for a month and now it has taken. I haven't applied this technique to any long range planning yet but I now weekly write out my activities.

I will blog about the BJJ options in this area as an assignment from aak, but on Districted. His assignment was to write something that would be helpful to readers who live in this area and that's the only thing I've researched so I can give our eager readers the low down.

I can say how excited I am to be back in training. My back aches and I've been exhausted all day...I'm so happy. I spar, or in BJJ it's "rolling," mostly with the teacher thus far and it's damn painful. It's all grappling on the ground and chess match sort of move-counter move - plus someone smushing your face into the ground (I'm not yet the one doing the smushing). It's amazing rolling with someone advanced when you're a beginner because you think up a given move in the moment that seems smart then he immediately has a counter ready that somehow puts you down. Then another then another and you quickly gain a respect for their experience and knowledge. He knows what I'm going to try before I do. Then he puts his knee on my neck and I need to learn to not panic, breath with what airspace I do have, think of something and implement it. Not succumbing to the panic is a biggie and probably my biggest struggle in training at this point.

1 comment:

chovak said...

Oy, blog about BJJ already! Oy!

(I'm actually really interested, beyond simply motivating you to do your blogging duty.)