Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blogging Under The Gun

Here's the gchat that I get today from Aak (name changed to protect the innocent):

Aak: blog, or be penalized
you've been warned.
later on.

That penalizing could take some unsavory forms, so I should do as I'm told.

Today we will talk about...brb.

Better now. I have long suspected that I am lactose intolerant and after two bowls of cereal this morning it seems more likely.

My semester started yesterday. One class is a prereq that is supposed to be a transition to advanced mathematics - a gateway course. The people in the room I think all have tourette's. I can't tell if they're obnoxious or quirky. In most classes people are generally tentative about speaking out and mutter an answer under their breath or give their answers as questions, like "x squared?" But these people are cutting the teacher off or offering alternative explanattions to what the teacher has said. It looks like there may be a culture of annoying questions ahead too.

The grad course isn't like that at all, which is interesting.

Uh, more to talk about...Ok, fight stuff. I'm SO psyched about St. Pierre vs. Penn II next weekend, and Thiago silva vs. Lyoto Machida as well. I like Lyoto Machida a lot though people think he's boring. I don't. He dances around strategically and avoids the opponent most of the time but when he picks his moments he is hyper aggresive. It's great to watch.

1 comment:

chovak said...

You escaped this time, Hatandcoat. Next time, you might not be so lucky.