Friday, August 15, 2008

Yellow

Until Mr. Hatandcoat brought it up, I had forgotten that some people consider frequent pee-ers to be more feminine. I never bore the brunt of that insult, but I recall that some did. Long ago, if I had had a middle-school gym teacher as a father, I imagine this scenario:
(Driving to another state to see a sports game as a "family outing")
Son: Dad, can we stop at the next rest stop?
Fictional Gym Teacher/Father: What, again? Aw, c'mon! Hold it like a man, son!
Son: I... can't.
Fictional Gym Teacher/Father: What's wrong with you, boy? You got your mother's bladder?
Fictional Beleaguered Mother: Now, Gary...
Fictional Gym Teacher/Father: Don't take his side, Bethann! You're the main reason I have to stop this car ten times an hour!
Son: I really gotta go...
Fictional Gym Teacher/Father: If you wet that seat back there you'll be back in JV as soon as you can say "urinal." Hold it! Ain't no boy of mine got a pansy bladder. Be a man! Men don't need to pee as much as you do. Man up, boy!
Son: (losing urgency) ...fine
(Car screeches to the side of the highway. Fictional Gym Teacher/Father gets out, comes around to the back door, opens it, shoves Son over and curses at the dark stain.)
Fictional Gym Teacher/Father: Godddammmitt, boy! No, don't sit over there! You sit in it and you think on what you've done! Grow a pair, you pansy!
I think I'll work this into a screenplay. The Fictional Gym Teacher/Father will turn out to be having an affair with the coach of the team they were going to see, and that's why he was so upset about being late. The Fictional Beleaguered Mother will then kidnap her son, but she will turn out to be a psycho who is bent on committing suicide with her son at the place where she was born. The cunning Son leads authorities to rescue him, however, by "marking" their trail all the way. The Fictional Gym Teacher/Father is reunited with his small-bladdered Son and begs forgiveness for shaming him about his peeing frequency.

I think I'll call it "Yellow."

1 comment:

chovak said...

By the way, I plan on leaving urine-soaked blogposts on here until Mr. Hatandcoat returns to blogging. Fair warning.