Monday, August 18, 2008

Urine Freeze Zen

I haven't read the recent blog posts, but aak tells me that they were all about urine until I blogged again. Here it is.

For the record, it seems that one bite of asparagus can completely alter the stench of my output. Coffee seems to as well.

I haven't blogged in a looooong time now because I've been job hunting kinda hard. Every time I sit at a computer I do not allow myself any play time. I was going to post a blog in response to aak's Crossroads one, but it got too personal and I freaked out a little bit and deleted it. Basically, I said that I am at an equally daunting intersection myself, but it's nothing new and been stretching far too long. I need to alter my habits, make a decision, pick something and go with it, get out there, etc... I have decided to return to school. I did college wrong the first time. I've been saying that for years now, and I'm now in the process of doing something about it.

Changing bad habits is extremely hard. That's all I'm going to say about the subject.

There's a guy sitting next to me in the library who is rapping to some music in a low voice with his headphones on. It's extremely irritating...in principle. There's no doubt that this guy is a massive douchebag who deserves his up-flipped hat brim to be ripped off and jammed in his eye. But I find the sound to be very relaxing. I always have found such things to be so. I remember in grade school when the kid behind me would be restless in his seat and kick mine, I wouldn't want him to stop. I once had an artist friend teach me to draw (failed effort), and the two of us quietly sitting in a room with pencils dragging across paper did it for me. My roommate freshman year in college used to hum under his breath every once in a while. All these things that are objectively annoying somehow bring an incredible calm over me and seem to relax all the muscles in my body. I don't know why.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Yay for non-urine content. Ish.

-one of two readers

Hatandcoat said...

There's another reader?

Missy said...

Actually, that is unclear.

chovak said...

I heard that another girl reads this blog. Some chick who makes pottery, goes running, and went camping this weekend. Could just be a rumor.