Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kickin' Around

I've always wondered about something.

When I was a kid walking home from school bus, or generally walking from point A to B, I used to kick a rock along the way. I still do sometimes. Being public transportation guy these days, it happens kinda often. I was doing it the other day when I went to Home Depot. Whenever I do this, I often wonder if I have a specific intuition or if all people have it. Whenever I kick a rock it shoots ahead a ways and then comes to a rest. When it comes to a rest it's usually about 4 or so paces ahead of me. When it comes to a rest I can intuitively tell at that point if my steps are on pace to kick the rock again or if I need to do a stutter step to make it happen. The knowledge is instantaneous. Once I become aware of it I start thinking about it and I find it a little harder to just do.

I doubt that it's a rare ability. I know that I have a naturally athletic physicality. I'm not Michael Jordan, but I pick sports pretty quickly. So, I wonder if it has something to do with that or if it's just something that everyone can do.

Between the two blogs, we posted 44 times in the month of August. There were some lulls in there, but I think that that is a tremendous output for a fun hobby. I haven't gone through it all, but I'd guess that it's about 2/5 me and 3/5 Aak. I know I haven't been johnny on the blog lately, and I don't think he's posted in a couple of days. Was that just a weird month. I now go online rarely during the day.

No comments: