Sunday, August 3, 2008

It does not follow

After months of indecision, I broke up with my girlfriend last night. And you know what? I had a sudden impulse to shave the beard I'd been growing since my bike accident in March. A few minutes ago, I shaved it all off. I feel refreshed. Is this why girls cut their hair at the end of a relationship?

One of my roommates got on Facebook for the first time yesterday. She saw me on there but didn't "friend" me because she thought it would be redundant, living together and all. I'm like, that's what Facebook is for! If you can't be Facebook-friends with your roommates, who can you be Facebook-friends with?

I watched Batman Begins again last night. I keep liking it better each time I watch it. But it'll never become a top-5 favorite. The original complaint I had of BB was that its pacing was off. Dialogue was packed in too tightly, and there was no time for anything to really sink in. This is the most significant difference between the direction of Batman Begins and of The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight was paced perfectly, I thought. Moody buildup, sexy explosions, and tense action scenes were great, and moreover, The Dark Knight allowed the characters to reveal themselves at their own pace. See for example the minor characters on the boats, or Heath Ledger. Christopher Nolan probably learned a lot just from working with Heath. Dammit, now I want to see Knight again.

I went food shopping yesterday but still have very little consumables. I bought stuff like rice and frozen gyoza. Man cannot live on gyoza alone. Don't get me wrong, though; I adore gyoza. This past fourth of July, I was over my friend's house and we watched the hot dog eating championship. Kobayashi was robbed, dog. But anyway, I found the contenders' stats very interesting. One of the people had won the year's mayonaise-eating contest by consuming X amount of mayonaise, etc. But the stat that sticks with me is the gyoza-eating champion: Joey Chestnut ate 212 gyoza in 10 minutes. I could totally do that. I would do it, just for the love of gyoza. Bring it on, Chestnut.

Dude, I wish I could fight like Jason Bourne.

I'm probably going to study abroad next year. That means I have to move YET AGAIN. I am already stressing out. Maybe I should buy a 20'-by-20' patch of land out in Virginia, assemble a small shed, and store all my crap in there until I get a real home. I am so sick of this shit. Plus I just found a place I really like. This sucks! On the other hand, if I go, I will get fluent in Japanese. No doubts about it. That's a pretty cool feeling. But moving! Moving blows. Everybody feels this way, except I don't think people normally feel this way a year in advance.

Keep on with the posture updates, Hatandcoat! We will keep tabs on it. Maybe you should set up a web graphic, like people use for their moods, so that we can have live updates about how straight your spine is. That's what this blog needs: live spinal updates.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Totally cut my hair when John and I broke up the first time around. I'm such a cliche.