Monday, October 6, 2008

Jobless But Not Unemployed

So I'm no longer at a crossroads. I quit my job at the law firm.

But don't think that means I'm leading a life of relaxation. No. I'm too busy to work. With classes, becoming fluent in Japanese, and a budding photography career, I'm surprised I still have a social life, minimal as it is.

I guess you could say that quitting was a choice to be able to sleep every night and go out once or twice a week.

Yeah, I'm pretty freaked out by everybody saying the economy is going down the toilet. I quit the job that I hated, but it was stable and a good source of money. Now I don't have a stable job lined up, and it's going to get hard for companies to hire people soon. Or that's what they say. So, shut up, everybody! Stop freaking me out!

At least I'm not unemployed. A girl I dated long ago said that the definition of an unemployed person is one who is looking for a job but can't find one. I'm not looking. So nyah. I'm just jobless.

No comments: