Thursday, October 30, 2008

What Kind Of A Blog Post Comes Out When You Have About 15 Minutes...

Just went for a run on the Custis Trail. I don't like the feeling when you're running and it's cold out and the back of your throat burns from inhaling such frigidity.

I have yet to get into any sort of meditative state while running. I also don't have any experience with the "runner's high." Aak's Dad is a marathoner and I think once said that if you've run over six miles many times and haven't gotten it, then something's weird. Well, six is about my upper limit. I think I'm a natural runner, and I think I could do pretty well if I were to train myself to go higher mileages, but I just don't enjoy it enough. I like it a lot more that I have a running partner these days, marathoner girlfriend, but that's pretty much the only reason. I used to row in college, and that was a lot of running. I hated it every time.

We're going hiking this weekend in the Shenandoahs, at Matthew's Arm. (Btw, Aak should totally bike that trail I'm linking to here).

I caught David Letterman last night for the first time in ages. It's good to know that the show hasn't really changed over time. He seemed more bored with it than I remember, but I only saw the early part of the show. He was always bored with the monologue, like something he needed to get through. Last night he had a sketch where they had a camera set up across the street from a Lens Crafters and they wanted to see how many people dressed like Sarah Palin they could fit into it. So, one would walk in and stand behind the glass door and...well, it was funny. Gotta go.

Sometimes at the end of posts I fight the urge to sign off like it's an e-mail.

No comments: