Thursday, October 23, 2008

Not Cool

On the plus side, H&C now has more posts in total than districted. But at the expense of political contamination...uh.

I haven't read Aak's recent posts yet. I saw the intro to one and retched. Immediately, I said, I must submit. This must stop.

I'm sitting in the waiting room, feeling zen-like, waiting for my turn to come for my first professional massage ever, when I get a text from Aak. He says I seriously need to blog soon. I put down the interesting magazine and rush to the laptop. And there we have it.

Yuck.

Annoying (and I bring this up at risk of sullying my zennish state): all these absentee voting registration people at every metro station. I don't feel the least bit bad about completely ignoring the well-intentioned 21 year old like he's a homeless guy. Those people ruined my mood the other day. I don't know what it is about being interrupted on my daily commute that upsets me so. I have a friend of a friend who I was told goes into a bit of a rage when he is approached by store salesmen. I think I'm the same way, although recently on trips to home depot and the like I needed their help. Those people make me sooooooooo mad. I want to walk in peace. I want to take the fifty paces from the curb in front of the station to the top of the escalator without hearing "excuse me, sir, are you registered to vote in Virginia?" But that's not gonna happen. Then they tag-team me with people at the bottom of the damn stairs. Then there are more when I get out! They ruin my mood. I want them gone. They're like the greenpeace people on steroids. At least those f***ers get a little intimidated and give up when you don't give them any eye contact.

Now I'm going to get naked in front of a stranger. Oh, there'll be a cloth...right? Awkwaaaaaard.

1 comment:

chovak said...

I'm sorry to have ruined your "zen-like" state, but I'm very glad that you have blogged. It'd be best to keep it up.