Monday, February 9, 2009

Aak the Eater?

I'm glad Hatandcoat saw fit to update us about his whereabouts. More frequent updates would be appreciated, or else the hating will continue.

I don't hate, though. I only seethe.

I ate no meat today, although I'm cooking a Japanese curry meal for tomorrow that has one chicken breast in it.

This was a very productive, good-food day. I woke up early, started making oats, and while I waited for oatmeal I cut up lettuce, radicchio, carrots, sun-dried tomatoes, a couple pepperoncini, and a quarter of a green bell pepper for a salad for lunch. I topped the salad with half an avocado (salted) and a hard-boiled egg (made last night).

I made the dressing next: olive oil, red wine vinegar, Spanish rosemary, a little Spanish thyme, salt, and pepper. Interesting results, but the key was to use not very much on my salad. It ended up going very nicely together. I used the dregs of my dressing to jazz up my morning hard-boiled egg. Interesting results, again.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: steel-cut oats w/milk and honey, and a hard-boiled egg with the above dressing.

Lunch: salad and dressing as described above, white rice and half a Punjab Eggplant curry packet from Trader Joe's.

Dinner: rice and the rest of the Punjab Eggplant, a whole grapefruit, and 4-5 tbs of plain yogurt.

UNNECESSARY SNACK: one piece of black Aussie licorice, offered me by my roommate.

Today's Exercise

Biked both SS-UMD and UMD-SS by way of the roads (a route that is steep and strenuous at some points, moreso than the trail)

1 comment:

chovak said...

seriously... "the eater"?