Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Proportionate Portions?

I'm noticing a trend: I am packing bigger lunches than I was last week and the week before.

My lunches have been Japanese curry-rice for the past couple of days. Since I made it myself, there were no serving size suggestions for me to follow. Tuesday, I packed maybe 2 cups (maybe more) of the curry, plus a regular helping of rice. Today, I brought less curry but a lot more rice.

Am I overanticipating how hungry I'll be? Or am I merely reacting to my caloric use being upped due to biking every day?

It'd be nice to have a nutritionist around at all times to ask these kinds of questions.

I hope the next iPhone has a built-in scale that integrates with a nutritionist app. It would be nice to know how many calories it thinks 8 ounces of V8 is... oh... you can read that on the label... still, wouldn't it be cool?

Today's Meals

Breakfast: hardboiled egg + some avocado + white rice + menmi + natto, all mixed in a bowl. The egg and the avocado helped with the stickiness, but didn't really add flavor.

Lunch: curry-rice with too much rice (and maybe a little too much curry), salad similar to yesterday's with homemade red wine vinaigrette.

Dinner: a small amount of curry-rice, a small piece of veggie lasagna, and 8oz of V8 (low sodium but with salt and sriracha)

Today's Exercise

Biked SS-UMD via roads (35 min)

Biked UMD-SS via trail (1 hour)

1 comment:

chovak said...

I'm not sure why I think a nutritionist could solve all my problems. Maybe I'm just looking for feedback... so comment!