Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Extended

Today I attended a talk by a famous Japanese author/actor/poet. All of the Japanese department was there, with many teachers near retirement age sitting in the front row. As the speaker began to talk about Genji, Don Juan, and erections, I really wondered what my teachers were thinking.

After the talk, I had to do homework on campus with a classmate. Since I knew I would be delayed getting home, I packed a tide-me-over fruit meal. I'm still not sure if I should have just packed a whole dinner... nutrionist-with-all-the-answers, where are you?

Today's Meals

Breakfast (7:00 am): scrambled "Quick Eggs" with garlic, diced red pepper, and chives on toast

Lunch (1:30 pm): salad with tomatoes & artichoke hearts (etc), rest of yesterday's navratan kurma curry from Wegman's, brown basmati rice

Tide-Me-Over (5:30 pm): grapefruit, small gala apple

Dinner (9:00 pm): one serving of dal curry (Trader Joes), brown basmati rice, five storebought gyoza

Today's Exercise

Walking: to Metro, to Study Abroad office, to library, to class, to administrative buildings, to Study Abroad office, to lunch, to class, to study, to bus stop, and from Whole Foods to home (4 miles in all?)

Sweating: over the state of my financial affairs, over sudden deadlines for studying abroad, over three quizzes (14 lbs)

No comments: