Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oozing with Orzo

I slept really well last night. Finally. I woke up and did my taxes. I went to Wegman's (my first trip there). I went to H-mart. I got home, filed my FAFSA, watched the rest of Slings & Arrows, and cooked Creamy Mushroom Orzo. (It's a Rachel Ray recipe from a book I found in my place. It made way more than it claimed to make, and it took a lot longer than 30 minutes. Shame on you, Rachel Ray, shame on you and your EVOO.)

I didn't study at all today, to my shame. Still, got a lot done.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: steel-cut oats with too much maple syrup, two hard-boiled eggs with menmi, about half a cup of grapefruit juice.

Lunch: an assortment of snacks and samples at Wegman's and H-Mart, including:
  • a sliver of chocolate bread
  • a piece of white bread dipped in swiss-cheezy fondue
  • two dolmas
  • a couple handfuls of olives
  • an unidentified sliver of fish with ketchup and seaweed
  • a potsticker
  • a bit of fermented veggies
  • a fishcake with hot ketchup
  • a piece of chocolate manju
Dinner: a bowl of orzo with portobello, crimini, and porcini mushrooms, chicken stock, heavy cream, olive oil, garlic, onion, white wine, thyme, and rosemary. For dessert, a banana.

Today's Exercise

Standing up while cooking?

Walking around supermarkets?

1 comment:

Missy said...

That orzo sounds good. I'm not convinced Rachael counts prep in her 30 min. Also, Wegman's RULES!